Wednesday, April 2, 2014

James Dashner: Your Next Favorite Author

   I have started reading The Kill Order (prequel to The Maze Runner) by James Dashner, and while reading it I started thinking back on the day I discovered this author. I found his book, The Maze Runner, on a list of books to read before seeing the movie. The synopsis captured my imagination instantly and within a week I was at the bookstore. I read the trilogy (The Scorch Trials and The Death Cure) rather quickly and then felt such a void once I finished them. I can't remember the last time I felt so... BORED after finishing a series. I missed the characters and the thrilling life and death scenes. Luckily I have The Kill Order and his newest book, The Eye of Minds, to look forward too.
   Now, this blog post is all about James Dashner. Besides J.K. Rowling, no author has stuck with me. I love to read and will read books from multiple authors, but after I finished their book(s) I am done and on to the next one. James Dashner has broken that. I find myself checking his blogs and commenting on his Facebook posts. It makes me sad when I hear he's visiting cities but not Austin. This fantastic writer has given me such amazing stories and I can only hope I can someday write a book he will enjoy.
   For those looking for their next favorite book, I highly recommend The Maze Runner series. Save The Kill Order for last. You'll laugh, you'll cry, and you'll gain a new favorite author. Join the Dashner Army! Become a Dashnerd! We are the best fans. The Maze Runner movie comes out September 19th and I'm SO there! Shuck yeah!
   So thanks a lot, James Dashner. You ruined my life. LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment