Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Texas Book Festival 2013

   This past Sunday I was able to attend the Texas Book Festival in Austin. I had never been before so I was super excited about going! The first day it came I wasn't able to go because of my day job but Sunday I took my chance and went. Right away I felt at home. It was like a smaller scale of World Con. My friend was with me and we went through each tent and talked with a lot of writers. Each gave great advice. The panels were great too. The one about creating a heroine was the best, both my friend and I agreed.
   Texas has such a welcoming atmosphere. I knew the people, both locals and visitors, would be all smiles. Even the weather was nice and cool for a change. People from H-E-B were giving out free books. A combined book of "Eragon" and "Eldest" from Christopher Paolini's Inheritance series. I was pretty happy about that. We also got a book given out by PENGUIN HOUSE (USA) called "What the World is Reading." It is full of sample books. I think that is a great idea to market books they have published.
   I'm excited to read books from authors I heard speak at the panels and report back on my favorites. Also, my novel is coming along great. I'm going through lots of revisions. My goal is to have the second draft completed my New Years. Fingers crossed!

P.S. My short story is still in the works too. Don't you worry.



No comments:

Post a Comment