Monday, September 2, 2013

Hello World

Hello world! My name is Sarita Christine Waldorf.

Ever since the age of thirteen I've known that I wanted to be a writer. I'm surprised it took me that long to realize that fact. At that time I started my first attempt at writing a novel. After getting good feedback from my dad, sister, and teacher that's when it became real. I wanted to be a professional writer.

This blog is my way of getting my work out there so people like you can read and enjoy it. That has always been my dream. I write for middle grade to young adult and I'm currently working on a novel and searching for an editor and agent. The whole nine yards. I tend to stick to the syfy/fantasy genre, but I have interests in others as well. But, my heart does lean towards fantasy. It is in my blood.

I just came home from Worldcon which was held in San Antonio this year. It was AMAZING and I learned so much about the industry! For a couple years now that was what had me stumped. How do I begin this process? Where do I look? Online? The inside of my favorite books? I was pulling my hair out! But after this weekend it all became clear. The whole thing makes my heart race.

This is just a little about me. I'll be posting more so you can get to know me as a person as well as put up some work for you to read. In the next two weeks I'll be sending my novel out to an agent. EEEEK! Stay tuned!




No comments:

Post a Comment