Saturday, December 27, 2014

An Amazing Year

This has been one amazing year. I finished my novel "Fitzgerald", started searching for an agent, went to a teen book festival, and started a new novel. Nothing has come from my agent search. I expected as much. The life of a writer is a lonely one. Finding publishers is no simple task. I must admit, I had hoped to find an agent this year. Don't most writers feel that way? Our work is flawless so everyone must love it. Well, we gotta get off our high horses quick before we get bucked off. It is a long process. Even so, I won't give up. No matter how long it takes I will be published one day.


On top of all of my writing, I went on a massive Disney vacation. My family and I went to Disney World the week of Halloween. It was beautiful and festive and... come on it was DISNEY!!! You can't go wrong with Disney. The day after Disney World we went on a week long Disney Cruise. The ship, The Disney Fantasy, is drop dead gorgeous. Let me tell you, I never wanted to leave. Disney knows how to keep a girl happy.


The best thing about this year was that I got married on November 22nd. It poured rain the entire day but I was able to take some amazing pictures despite it all. I mean, not everyone gets to take pictures in the rain on their wedding day. I looked on the bright side during the cloudy day. There were breaks in the rain throughout the day so we could get pictures. All in all, it was a perfect day. For our honeymoon we went to Pigeon Forge, TN. I'd never heard of the place before and expected this...


                                                                           HAHA!!!

But it was so much fun and really beautiful. We also spent a day in Gatlinburg, TN. Christmas decorations were up so the whole area was sparkling and bright, swimming in Christmas cheer. My heart fluttered and I cannot wait to go back someday.


I'm now settled into married life with three dogs and ready to continue writing. I know that 2015 will be filled with even more adventures. Maybe this will be the year I find an agent? Wish me luck! I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment